PT25.S2.Q21 - if this parking policy is unpopular

lenelson2lenelson2 Member
edited January 2016 in Logical Reasoning 523 karma
http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-25-section-2-question-21/
Hello! This is my first time posting a question. I am having trouble understanding why e is the correct answer. Is it correct because to if it's unpopular with the teachers than we have to modify and the word modify implies adopt a new policy? So to make the students happy we should adopt a new policy? Because isn't adopting a new policy the necessary condition for it being unpopular with the students? not the teachers?

Comments

• NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    "E" has to be correct because the stimulus asserts that one of the parties is going to be unhappy with the policy. E is simply saying that if it it popular with the faculty, then it is unpopular with the students, which is sufficient to adopt a new policy. @lenelson2
  • lenelson2lenelson2 Member
    523 karma
    Alexander, I want your brain! Thank you so much. Just to clarify the premise states "it is bound to be unpopular wither with the faculty or among students" and since e is stating is popular with the faculty, we can AUTOMATICALLY assume that is unpopular with the students only because it said it in the premise, correct? I think I get it! Thanks again
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    @lenelson2 That's correct. The assertion in the last sentence is very subtle ("it is bound...").