Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Go Over RC Passages

fiddle11fiddle11 Core Member

I'm struggling in RC. It's my worst section, and I'm obviously trying to improve. I feel like going through the stories untimed doesn't exactly help me. I end up taking my time, finding the right answer, and say of course this was it. I feel like honing in on my reading speed is what will get me there. Does anyone have any advice on what worked for them to improve their RC section?

Thanks!

Comments

• offy0c-1-1offy0c-1-1 Live Member
    247 karma

Yes, one thing that I have noticed is that when you are reading RC passages you have to take interactive role with the passage (just like LR). So, you have to constantly engage with the passage by pushing back the info to the idea previously stated and also asking yourself: why the author is telling you the things that he is? Engaging with the passage is def a game changer. As you practice this approach you will notice that (often times) the paragraph just comes down to one core idea with the rest of the sentences simply serving as either: illustration, contradiction, or examples of the ideas.