Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Erasing game board to account for new premises/conditionals or writing out new ones?

themis01themis01 Alum Member

Hi all,

For logic games, I am constructing a game board for the conditionals and inferences just like JY does. My question is, for the questions, are you writing out new game boards and glancing at the conditionals? Let's say in a question they ask that if X person is placed on the 3rd spot, what could be true about where Y is placed, do you write over your original game board or write out a new one next to the question?

I usually select and copy the game board on my iPad next to the question, but I know I won't be able to do this when test day comes.

I'm trying to find the most time efficient way to do this. Thank you!

Comments

• JesseWeNeedToCookJesseWeNeedToCook Alum Member
    137 karma

Never write over the master game board.

Write a separate one if you need.
    Sometimes it is most efficient is to just to make the inferences in your head

• Clemens_Clemens_ Live Member
    299 karma

I strongly suggest not erasing gameboards that you already constructed, and to instead do new additional gameboards that you fill out. The reason for this is that you can often re-use gameboards that you already constructed for subsequent questions (e.g. to rule out particular answer choices), and that erasing previous gameboards robs you of this opportunity.