Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How often do you practice a fool-proofed logic game?

GalateaGalatea Core Member
in Logic Games 92 karma

I fool proof my games before I move on. I'm just worried that as time goes on I'll forget part of them and they will no longer be fool-proofed.

I fool-proofed some of the games, and I know I can go 24 hours and still keep them fool-proofed. But how long should I wait before I practice them again to ensure they stay fool-proofed?
I know some of you are probably like, "are you serious..." (lol).

I like spaced repetition though I have no idea how long I should space them out for... kinda freaking me out atm hahah.

Any advice? :D

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

I generally like to attempt a game, watch the explanation video (unless I easily completed it under the target time and with 100% percent accuracy), immediately attempt the game again, attempt it again the next day, and the attempt it one more time a week later. If on my last couple of attempts of the game I felt totally comfortable, made all the important inferences, completed it under the target time, and didn't miss any questions, I pretty much consider the game completed. If I felt shaky or didn't complete it under the target time and with 100% accuracy, though, I'll make a note of which game it was and state that I need to revisit it for review. I keep a running list of these games and I'll go to the list and attempt some of them every now and then. I don't typically have a specific amount of time I like to let pass before returning to those types of games, but I'd say it's usually at least 3 weeks or so. I figure if I can still crush a game after 3+ weeks of not seeing it I'm probably in a good spot.

My issue with returning to every game you've ever attempted is that you will have eventually completed a ton of games and it'll just take too long to return to all of them. So for games that I'm absolutely nailing without any struggle, I don't note them as a game I need to redo. The return on investment eventually becomes too low, in my opinion.

I hope this helps!