Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT testing in person or online

rsolennyrsolenny Core Member

Can anyone give me any tips on whether I should take the LSAT in person or online.
I took it before online and had difficulties and lost about 5 minutes of the exam so I am leaning towards an in person test but im not sure how to prep for the in person exam since I been taking practice test online. Im planning on taking the November exam so I still have some time to prep.

Comments

• CaitlinELinderCaitlinELinder Core Member
    76 karma

I took the August 2023 test in an in person testing center and had a really great experience. I was worried at first because I have a hard time focusing, but the environment is very controlled and there is very little room-prep on your part. It's completely up to you, but with how ProMetric is handling the remote testing, in-person might be a good option to consider for you! Let me know if you have any other questions about in-person, I'd love to be a help!

• CaitlinELinderCaitlinELinder Core Member
    76 karma

@CaitlinELinder said:
    I took the August 2023 test in an in person testing center and had a really great experience. I was worried at first because I have a hard time focusing, but the environment is very controlled and there is very little room-prep on your part. It's completely up to you, but with how ProMetric is handling the remote testing, in-person might be a good option to consider for you! Let me know if you have any other questions about in-person, I'd love to be a help!

I should add, I took all my practice tests directly through 7sage, and the format of the in-person test was taken on a computer, and the format was very similar.

• tattoinesunstattoinesuns Alum Member
    38 karma

@CaitlinELinder Wait omg the in person test is still on a computer? Idk why I thought it was paper and pen 😅

• celesteecelestee Core Member
    13 karma

Hi! I took the August LSAT in person because I thought it was pencil & paper. If the format was your only concern then both options are about equal (since they are both the same system and format) so pick whatever you feel most comfortable with. If the distractions were your concern then I would pick in-person. However, this may vary at different locations as my testing center the lady monitoring kept making a lot of noise as she was trying to clean as people would leave. It was really annoying and I felt my house would have been more comfortable and quiet. I will be taking the September LSAT tomorrow at home because of this reason.

• kmanastasia15kmanastasia15 Alum Member
    10 karma

I vote test center 100 percent! Either way the exam is administered on a computer. August and September administrations have had issues online, so I would play it safe at go to a Prometric center. I have taken many other exams at a test center and have never had an issue with them

• Adrian_SeanAdrian_Sean Live Member
    23 karma

I'm worried about interrupting other people. I will be requesting to use a text to speech voice extension. Do you think they would let me use headphones or should I just stick to my original plan and stay home/online ?