Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I complete the Writing portion AFTER my LSAT?

GalateaGalatea Core Member
edited September 2023 in General 92 karma

I am planning on taking my LSAT between October 12 and 16. Which means my score will be released as early as Nov. 1 (assuming I completed my writing section in advance). You can take the Writing portion up to 8 days prior to your scheduled LSAT date, or you can take it AFTER the LSAT. However, it takes 1-3 weeks for LSAC to attach your writing to your application. Therefore, completing the writing section after your LSAT can delay your test results by as much as 2 weeks (assuming you took 2 weeks to study for the writing section after the LSAT).

I think it makes more sense to complete the writing section after the LSAT so that it does not cut down on my time used to prepare for the LSAT. I feel super rushed and did not prepare far enough in advance, so I think this is a better option for me.

Any other thoughts?

Comments

• daciaochoadaciaochoa Live Member
    edited September 2023 63 karma

Sometimes it's not how long you've studied but whether you have dedicated quality to your studies.

It sounds like you also want to submit your applications as soon as possible. Given this and the fact that you have REALLY studied, trust the process. Despite the fact that you haven't spent that much time studying, if you have seriously dedicated yourself to studying and you're happy with your PTs, I would suggest taking the writing portion when it becomes available. Remember, the more you put off the writing portion, the more you prolong the process of receiving your LSAT score. If you have studied and you feel ready for the LSAT, it won't hurt to take 1-2 days to study for the writing portion.

Remember, the writing portion is a writing sample that law schools are able to look at in order to get a sense of how you write, so take it seriously as well.

Best of luck on the LSAT! You got this! I'm rooting for you <3