Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Desperately in need of advice re: Score Cancellations

Hello! So.. my worst case scenario came true. I took the January 2023 LSAT for the first time, did not do great, and cancelled my score. I took the LSAT for a second time in September and managed to score TWO points WORSE than the Jan LSAT I cancelled. I am really stressing out about if I should cancel my score or keep it - only if it would really look that bad to T-14 schools to have two cancellations. For context, I am also registered for the October 2023 exam. My September score is MUCH lower than any of my target school averages, and so I want to cancel the score but don't know if there's any merit to avoiding having two cancellations on my record. The September test was a bit of a fluke for me as I panicked and really got in my head during the exam.
I have to decide before October 3rd if I'm cancelling my September score... I appreciate anyone's help!

Comments

• nicholas.leon96nicholas.leon96 Core Member
    67 karma

I would not cancel. At some point it looks more suspicious to see a bunch of cancelled scores. I think generally more than 2 starts to damage your application. I use 7Sage's consulting services and my mentor generally airs on the side of being open with the schools and then explaining things with an LSAT addendum. Of course take my advice with a grain of sand but I think adding a third redacted score to your application would be very harmful especially if you have T14 aspirations. Best of luck with the October test! Don't let this stuff psych you out. You gotta get a good LSAT first before worrying about whether score cancellations will hurt your chances so focus on that! You got this!

• wannabe_ellewoodswannabe_ellewoods Alum Member
    edited October 2023 41 karma

@Nicholas.leon96 thank you for taking the time to reply!! Sorry, just to clarify, I cancelled my Jan score - which was a 162. I got a 160 on my September exam. Right now I only have one cancellation on my record, but would be two if I also cancel September. I am taking the October exam and will keep that score, no matter what.
    I know these scores are very low for T14s, but I've been scoring 170s on my practice tests so I don't feel my test scores have been good indications of my ability.
    So, do you think 2 cancellations and then a 3rd (hopefully) higher LSAT score looks like a red flag to schools?