Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do I cancel my LSAT Score a second time? Please Help!

wannabe_ellewoodswannabe_ellewoods Alum Member
edited October 2023 in September 2023 LSAT 41 karma

Please help advise...
I took the January 2023 LSAT for the first time, got a 162, and cancelled my score. I took the LSAT for a second time in September and managed to score TWO points WORSE than the January LSAT. The September test was a bit of a fluke for me as I panicked and really got in my head during the exam, even though I had felt much more prepared.
I am registered for the October 2023 exam and am keeping that score no matter what.

So, do I cancel my September LSAT and have 2 cancellations on my record? I am planning to submit all my law school applications before Nov 1st (when October scores come out), so they will either hold my file if I only have cancelled LSATs, or they'll judge my file based on a 160 LSAT which is MUCH lower than any of my target school averages. I want to get into a T-14 school and know my LSAT will already be on the low end, but I feel confident based on my PT scoring that I can get above 166, at least.

I have to decide before October 3rd if I'm cancelling my September score or keeping it.. I really appreciate anyone's help!

Comments

• lsatmenacelsatmenace Alum Member
    13 karma

Never cancel a score above 160 in my opinion you should've kept that 162. I would keep whatever you have rn tbh