Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood

jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
edited August 2015 in General 844 karma
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
I just reread this poem after I wonder why I chose law school. I remember last year my mom and uncle said law school does not fit me since it is too hard. They said I should just choose an easy major and get an easy job. However, I know that an easy job can't win me a green card and there is no shortcut to success. Today, after I read this poem, I realize that I choose a path that lots of international students do not choose. That makes all the difference. What do you guys think of this poem? Besides the LSAT, we can still have some discussions for fun to avoid burn-out. :)

Comments

• notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    edited August 2015 1049 karma
    OMG. I'm not kidding when I say that I read this poem twice this morning. I LOVE IT! And I commend you for the courage and hard work that you have demonstrated. Keep it up!!
  • bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
    522 karma
    I read the title and thought this was an LR question so I had my flaw hat on LOL

Great poem, motivation really helps in the #lsatstruggle
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @jyang72 said:
    Besides the LSAT, we can still have some discussions for fun to avoid burn-out. :)
    Yes, yes ... Let's talk about something else! And then later ... there will be more ...

@bSM45LSAT said:
    I read the title and thought this was an LR question so I had my flaw hat on LOL

Aaaaand here it is already!!!

My friend compared LSAT-fixation to when a mother has a new baby ... life is baby/baby/baby and then when she's away from baby, she has no idea what to do with herself.

That baby is about to grow up!
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    International dude here too representing! Nice post.
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    @nicole.hopkins, I guess LSAT takers will feel so empty after the LSAT is done.
    844 karma
    @alejoroarios, can't wait to get to court to speak English with my accent.hahahaha
    844 karma
    @shiv.tomer1, I am glad you love this poem. Every time I read it, it gives me full motivation.
  • notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    Agreed. I also love this poem and revisit it from time to time as I study for my LSAT:

http://www.appleseeds.org/dont_quit.htm

"Don't give up though the pace seems slow—
    You may succeed with yet another blow."
    844 karma
    @shiv.tomer1, one more motivational poem!! Thank you dude. Don't you quit!!