Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any advice for getting back on the wagon?

kendsjeanskendsjeans Live Member
in General 78 karma

My mental health took a hit due to familial circumstances and I haven't studied in over a month. I think the end of August was the last time I even signed on.

I was feeling so motivated and excited about my progress and now I am feeling discouraged and struggling to get back into the swing of things as I work on my mental health. I think part of me is scared I will be back at square one when I try to jump back in. The bigger part of me is overall lost on how to get back into things. Should I be going back and reviewing old lectures, trying some easier, short drills, taking another diagnostic?

If anyone has any advice or words of encouragement, I would sincerely appreciate it.

I hope everyone is doing well with their prep and reaching their goals, if you're reading this, I know you've got this :)

Comments

• Juan23vrJuan23vr Live Member
    304 karma

yeah i would start by just studying and not posting on these discussion boards as they can be pretty distracting :] as i am now

• ahmedniniemardahmedniniemard Free Trial Member
    edited October 2023 1 karma

@kendsjeans would recommend starting the study process by refraining from engaging in online discussions, since they have the potential to be significantly diverting. Presently, I find myself in a similar situation :(

• 31 karma

I was in a similar boat where other things in my life got in the way of my studies. Just return to wherever you left off. Don't worry about reviewing things, since that will just waste more time. Just focus on progressing from the point that you were at previously before your studying fell off.

• hendrickshendricks Live Member
    358 karma

Hi, I hope you are well and life is feeling more manageable. Mental health comes first, so don't push yourself into the test if you aren't in the best headspace. It won't be good for your performance and you'll be miserable.
    I would start with a question type in LR or a game type in LG. Watch the core curriculum unit. Then make yourself a problem set of a handful of easy problems. Do it untimed. The important thing is to really focus on understanding why the right answer is right - and why the wrong answer is wrong. The flow will start coming back to you and you'll boost your confidence. Good luck and happy studies!

• JY DiscipleJY Disciple Live Member
    330 karma

@kendsjeans I can relate. I am returning from a hiatus too. I would suggest starting with an online class. You'll have that feeling of togetherness, and learning/reviewing together is easier. This is how I eased my way back into the swing of things. Don't think about the setback. Don't think about where you should have/could have been in your studies. This is the hand you've been dealt, and all you can do at this point is work with your situation. Be patient and gentle with yourself. It will all work out.

• JY DiscipleJY Disciple Live Member
    330 karma

@kendsjeans I meant to say start with a live class. That's what I did.