How do I become better at LG Inferences + Faster?

andreagrss11andreagrss11 Live Member
edited October 2023 in Logic Games 10 karma

What the title says. I want to become better and faster at LG Inferences. I took a prep test (got a great score increase!) but I was only able to do two logic games. It took me sooooo long to get through those two games because I overthink too much and also I think about the inferences later while I am reading the questions instead of when I am drawing my game board. If I am being honest, If I can do at least three out of four games during the test I would be satisfied, I do not know if I can break 4 games fast enough before November ( but please tell me your tips, I am all ears and ready to put it all to practice to get this done!!!)

Comments

• tattoinesunstattoinesuns Alum Member
    edited October 2023 38 karma

2 big tips- #1. Full proof! Watch JY's explanation videos and keep doing the same LG set until you can get as many as the inferences described in the videos. Do them over and over until you get all of the inferences. #2- Try and split gameboards any time you can. A big tip, if there are very little rules it's probably best to go straight into the questions. But if there is even on little rule that is an (either/or) its best to split. (Like if M is in K is out, split where 1 GB has K with M out and another where M is in, K is out).

Hope this helps! :)

• itscrunchtimebbyitscrunchtimebby Core Member
    16 karma

Hi, I struggle with games as well. Here's what I've done to improve:

If you had trouble with a game, write it down, and try it again several days (if not a full week) later. Did you get all the inferences the second time? Were you faster? How efficient were you with notating your rules? If you are still slower than you want to be, I would recommend repeating this game periodically.

As for making your inferences during questions:

How about you do several LGs and ONLY set up the game board? Don't allow yourself to even look at the questions. This way, you are preventing yourself from making inferences later. This forces you into practicing making them up front.

• yhtkimyhtkim Core Member
    215 karma

Surprisingly enough, improving at LG is incredibly simple. Foolproof.That's literally it. Foolproofing is what got me from an average of -10 to -1. I was skeptical at first. "How is doing the same game over and over going to help me make inferences in games that I've never seen before?" I still don't know, but it 100% works. It's like magic. Our brains work in mysterious ways. Trust the foolproof process! (Okay, it's not magic. It probably has to do with the games sharing similar, sometimes almost identical patterns. But you'll be surprised to know that foolproofing even helps you make inferences when tackling miscellaneous games.)