Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

December Test only?

The 180 Bro_OVOThe 180 Bro_OVO Alum Inactive ⭐
in General 1392 karma
So based on GREAT advice from people who've posted on here here (@pacifico, @nicole.hopkins etc), I've decided that I will definitely take advantage of taking the test in December. I plan on studying as if I'm taking it in Oct.

However, should I cancel my current spot to take it in Oct and get my $$$ back since I'll be taking it in December anyways?

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @"The 180 Bro" said:
    I've decided that I will definitely take advantage of taking the test in December. I plan on studying as if I'm taking it in Oct.
    Sweet. Read @"Jonathan Wang" 's piece on burnout :)

@"The 180 Bro" said:
    However, should I cancel my current spot to take it in Oct and get my $$$ back since I'll be taking it in December anyways?
    I did this for June; I just opted for the $50 refund instead of paying extra to move the test. I was not, at that point (March) certain I would be ready for October. On the whole, I am glad that I didn't take the risk of losing more money, even though I would have netted about $30 better had I rescheduled. No big!
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    You have until the first week of September of thereabouts to make this decision... I believe it is cheaper to switch from October to December than it is to cancel October and register for December... So just go on LSAT and research your options there. But if you are definitely not going to take October then just go ahead and switch the test dates and you'll be good to go...
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    I believe it is cheaper to switch from October to December than it is to cancel October and register for December
    It's a net difference of about $30 if you indeed end up sitting for December (you'd need to be certain that you wouldn't change it again). The risk is where you register, pay to change it, and then change it again. That's just a waste of money and you would have saved more by getting the refund.