Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HELP! I am fluctuating a lot-- does this mean I'm not ready?

There was a magical time a few weeks ago when I FINALLY got a 176 BR score and I thought I was finally starting to understand the test. My previous BR scores were capped at 165-168, timed 157-163 ish. I thought I would never break 170 and was so relieved when I finally cracked it with BR.

I'm taking the November test next weekend and I feel like I've been bombing each PT lately and running out of time of my best section (LG). I typically get 1-2 wrong on LG, and occasionally get 100% when I'm just doing a section drill. I'm definitely struggling with timing and panic-guessing when I feel as though I'm burning too much time on any one question.

Has anyone experienced wild fluctuations and have any tips on how to start getting stable scores?

I work full-time in BigLaw so there are days when I work OT (I literally just submitted my timesheet for 97 hours the the last 2 weeks), and so can only squeeze a section and some drills during the week. I would choose a PT for the week, take the sections individually each evening after work, BR/review the whole test on Friday, and then take a timed PT on Sat, review Sun.

I finally have time off this week leading up to the test -- what is the most high-impact thing I can do to improve and stop fluctuating so much?

Comments

• mtn4605mtn4605 Alum Member
    5 karma

I fluctuate about 5-8 points, timed anywhere from 155-162. I really do think some sections of certain PT's are harder than others. If your issue is timing, you might be getting hung up on questions too long. If I feel like I just don't understand the argument, I just move on and flag it. I don't hesitate because if I have 6-8 minutes to go back and review those flagged questions, I feel better knowing how much time I have left rather than rushing to answer the last 5 questions which tend to be the hardest ones.

• vanessaleona.fcvanessaleona.fc Live Member
    54 karma

Thank you! Yes, I definitely burn my clock when I come across a harder question instead of just flagging and moving on. I need to remember to that strategy!