Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to start drilling outside of lesson "you try"?

il-legally-brunetteil-legally-brunette Core Member
edited November 2023 in General 275 karma

Hi! So I am planning on taking the August lsat because I have decided to not study LG anymore, as it was my weakest. I am about 80% done with LR and then have all 77 RC lessons, which I don't expect will take more than a month or two. Obviously, I have a long time to study, but I know that the drilling sessions and PT sessions are meant to be taken after you complete all the lessons. I do not want to waste clean, unused material before I can make the most of it (aka, until I've done all my LR and RC lessons). However, on the other hand, I want to make sure I am practicing enough without JY's help always being available. I also want to test myself on the LR typesI learned weeks ago.

My question is - should I not be creating drills (other than the "you trys"and drills at the end of each lesson set) until after I have completed all my lessons, or do you recommend doing some infrequent drilling on question types I'm not doing well on? My fear is that since I have given myself ample study time, I want to save as much material as I can for when I really am trying to master my skills, not build them.

Would love to hear other people's study patterns and whether or not they go through the entire syllabus before using the drill or PT pratice options.

Thanks all! good luck with your studies

edit - I should note that I am working full time as a paralegal on top of studying, so although I have until August, I am only devoting between 1-3 hours a day and sometimes I do not study on the weekend much.