Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it reasonable to raise my score 5 points by January?

lrebholzlrebholz Alum Member
in General 5 karma

I took the November LSAT and scored a 155 after about 5-6 weeks of studying 3-4 hours a day, 5 days per week. Is it reasonable to think that I could raise my score to the 160s by the time the January test rolls around?

Comments

• tina.marietina.marie Live Member
    152 karma

Yes. Study. study. study. Practice problems, practice problems, practice problems. DRILL DRILL DRILL.

I think it's possible because people plateau usually after months. You def can improve if you put in the work.

• lucasjameszieglerlucasjamesziegler Core Member
    380 karma

Totally possible. Do watch out for the plateau as mentioned. I was stuck in the upper 150's for months. Took two weeks off and came back scoring consistently in the upper 160's and even touching low 170's a few times.

• cam.car08cam.car08 Core Member
    edited November 2023 5 karma

Yes, definitely possible. I just increased my score 6 points from the Oct exam to the Nov exam with a grueling amount of study and practice for 3 weeks.

Identify your weaknesses and keep doing the lessons/drills until they click for you.

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    797 karma

155 to 160+ is very doable. Get your games as close to -0 as possible.

• henry.ewinghenry.ewing Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    57 karma

Cast off the chains of what is "reasonable" or "sane" and go dominate that test.

• madison.currieemadison.curriee Alum Member
    2 karma

Very doable. I was able to get an 11 point increase between the September and November test. I think the important part was just recognizing what kinds of questions you are missing most often. I found the power score bibles coupled with the practice on here to be very helpful.