Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I cancel or keep my November LSAT score?

Soleil McCainSoleil McCain Alum Member
edited December 2023 in November 2023 LSAT 25 karma

Today I received my first LSAT score and was very disappointed to learn that I only scored a 150. This is concerning given that my dream school is the University of Florida which has a median LSAT score of 169. I am taking my second LSAT in January, meaning I have 45 days until I take my next test. For the next 45 days I plan to take a practice test almost every day, so I know I will see a great improvement in my score. Given this information, should I cancel or keep my current LSAT score?

Comments

• calstofletcalstoflet Core Member
    15 karma

150 is pretty average, I honestly would just keep it.

• Soleil McCainSoleil McCain Alum Member
    25 karma

Okay, thank you!

• LegallyLSATLegallyLSAT Live Member
    166 karma

Definitely keep the 150. In struggling to break to 150 but I’m almost there.

On the bright side, give it another shot and remember, you can always apply to a law school with that’s score. But shoot for your dream school! You got it!

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    797 karma

Keep the 150 unless you're sure you can make a large jump. DO NOT take a PT every day from now until January. It's much better to just take 1-2 a week and review your answers and drill your weaknesses. Practice tests are just a tool that reflects your understanding of the test and will not actually help too much without Blind Review and supplemental drilling of the weaker question types.

• Soleil McCainSoleil McCain Alum Member
    25 karma

That’s great advice, thank you!