Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Parting Words!

A WalnutA Walnut Alum Member
in General 28 karma

Hey Team!

I took the November LSAT and scored a 180. I wanted to come on here to thank JY and the 7Sage team for their materials and keeping the community vibrant, as well as leave some parting words for struggling LSAT takers.

I think my diagnostic was around a 158. I studied on and off for two years because I was working full-time, but quit this past June to focus on the LSAT. Logic Games were extremely unintuitive to me, but I kept doing sets and watching JY's videos until they made sense. For RC and LR, I found that not highlighting and instead giving differential weight to the conclusion and tone of the author or conclusion in connection to premise was easier for me and also saved time. For context, I read a lot of literature and was an English major in undergrad, so this might work better for people who have existing reading skills.

That said, I was plateau'd between around 165-168 for three months. It was awful and demoralizing, and what helped me improve was grinding LG and then relaxing in my approach toward LR and RC. I found I was anxious about a lot of questions to the point that I wasn't actually trying to solve them. I spent some time sitting with difficult LR questions and simply trying to understand the logic through a lens of language and simple understanding. I hope that helps someone here!

Anyway, I'll be leaving here but good luck to everyone. The LSAT does not define you, but you can see massive score increases if you work for it. Lots of love!

Comments

• Wisdom - Student ServiceWisdom - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    287 karma

Wow, congratulations scoring a 180 @A Walnut! 🎉 Your journey from a 158 diagnostic to 180 it is truly incredible. Thanks for sharing your story and tips with the community, and good luck with whatever comes next! 🌟

• il-legally-brunetteil-legally-brunette Core Member
    272 karma

INCREDIBLE!! congrats and props for all your hard work

• ivan.lewandowski1ivan.lewandowski1 Core Member
    152 karma

Nice, personally, I am uninterested in taking the Lsat after they get rid of Lg. Therefore, I feel as if I am in a time crunch, especially b/c that's my most challenging section.

• bradk2sobradk2so Alum Member
    46 karma

Congratulations!!! What a story, thank you for sharing.