Admissions Advice - ED

Need advice figuring out if I messed up on admissions lol. I took the November LSAT, and one of my top choice schools still accepted early decision applications with Nov LSAT scores, but the application would be submitted before you saw the score and populate with the score after. Flash forward to release day, and the score I got was one point below the school's median (1 point below 50 percentile, but above 25 percentile). The day after, I decided to sign up for the January LSAT to boost my score and since it's so close to the median for my goal schools.

I just checked on the status checker for my ED application, and noticed that it unchecked the CAS - No Future LSAT box. I know this is because I signed up for the January LSAT, but is there some kind of rule where you can't sign up for a later LSAT after your ED application has been submitted? I called the admissions office today to ask as much, and they told me to send them an email. But does this affect my application in anyway?

Comments

• YaleOrFailYaleOrFail Live Member
    228 karma

Fairly certain you need a complete application to be considered for ED. If you were planning to use a future LSAT, in this case January, ED would not be available for any of the schools that offer it from what I've seen. Basically if you want to ED, they would use the LSAT score from prior to their deadline so the application is considered complete, or else your application is just an RD submission if planning to use a future LSAT, post ED deadline.

It sounds like you'll have to weigh the benefits of an ED application with the November score vs. the potential for a better score later, but also a later RD application.

• strugglingplantmom-1strugglingplantmom-1 Alum Member
    18 karma

Thanks Hecter, that makes sense! To be clear I wasn't trying to use my Jan LSAT for ED, just signed up as insurance in case I didn't get into this school so I could retake and apply for other schools with a (hopefully) higher score! I just didn't want admissions to think I was trying to use the Jan score for ED, or to not consider my application as is because of it