Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

151 --> 163 by January test?

Kate BloomKate Bloom Alum Member

HELP! I am continuously scoring 151 on preptests, and my blind review score is 163. I have gone through all of PowerScore materials, all of 7Sage, and have even met with a tutor for many hours. How do I improve my score by the January test? Why do I keep scoring 151? Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• lucasjameszieglerlucasjamesziegler Core Member
    380 karma

What area are you struggling with the most?

• andrea0308andrea0308 Live Member
    edited December 2023 132 karma

Do you run out of time?

• rdyoung12rdyoung12 Alum Member
    edited December 2023 306 karma

151 is about the middle of the bell curve for the LSAT. So I think of that as the most common score. Once you start going above 151, the returns won't be as easy as they were as you worked your way up the bell curve. Breaking above 151 will require even more and more questions answered correctly. But enough about the score, perhaps just try to relax and focus on performing on the test and getting as many questions right as possible. With that being said you still will get dozens and dozens of questions wrong for your score range. So you need to be prepared to take the emotional thrashing. Also maybe look into time saving techniques. Maybe just push your schedule back and give your self more time.

• Kate BloomKate Bloom Alum Member
    49 karma

Yes, I run out of time on every section. As an example, on my recent test I got 14 wrong on RC, 11 wrong on LR, and 7 wrong on LG. When I did blind review I got 9 wrong on RC, 5 wrong on LR, and 3 wrong on LG. So, what is my problem? Is this 10+ point difference between real prep test and blind review normal? What can I do?

• andrea0308andrea0308 Live Member
    132 karma

It seems the issue has to do more with timing. I would suggest focus these next couple of weeks on timed sections and see if you can lower the amount of time it takes you to answer a question for LR/RC and for LG see if there are any inferences you are missing in the set up. Also, you could always request accommodations (if that applies) for extra time.

• Slippin_JimmySlippin_Jimmy Core Member
    39 karma

How much time do you spend reviewing wrong answer choices? My guess is not enough. You need to revisit wrong answer choices and spend a considerable amount of time reviewing your thought process and where you went wrong.

• rdyoung12rdyoung12 Alum Member
    306 karma

Do you know how you fare on timed tests toward the end of sections? Are you stronger at the beginning of sections?