Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How relevant are the older PTs?

ppersau6ppersau6 Core Member

Hello,

I was interested in hearing your thoughts about how relevant older PTs i.e 60s-70s are for the Jan LSAT? I feel they are pretty different in terms of LR question types!

I have almost completed redoing PTs in the 90s/80s but I feel like my familiarity with them is helping me increase my score. How should I practice more relevant content?

Thank you

Comments

• trevorNYCgoaltrevorNYCgoal Core Member
    308 karma

I'm not sure retaking the same PTs over and over again will add considerably to your studying and score. Ultimately, if you've used all of the PTs in the 80s-90s, you'll have to move down. Traditionally, it is recommended that you save the most recent PTs for right up until your test date. That way you get the most recent exposure right before the exam. That being said, the other PTs have a tremendous amount of value. While newer PTs have changes (for example, new RC has the comparative passages while older RC did not, newer LGs have the substitution question while older PTs did not), there is still so much material and content that will be useful to you and your studying. I would highly recommend going through older PTs and gaining exposure to that content. Remember, they are a finite resource. LSAC only releases so many PTs and there is a limited drilling pool out there. If I were you, I would utilize PTs 1-35 for drilling (as 7Sage does) and then use 40 and up for PTs.