Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Increasing Speed on LR

BabyFaceGBabyFaceG Core Member

Any tips to increase speed on LR. I get up to question 19-20 with around 2-4 wrong but the last 5 I tend to have an average of 5 minutes to complete. Should I attack it in a different way maybe going with the lsat 5 Questions first then solving the rest any tips would be great!

Comments

• silviojrennasilviojrenna Core Member
    20 karma

I tend to get through all 25 with around 6-9 minutes left for review - my advice is to read the question first and hold it in your mind as you read through the text. Most of the time, it makes it very easy to zero in on which answer is right upon first scan, just make sure you really read every word of the question and answer so you don't drop a negative or anything silly like that.

Generally, I have found that my sections go faster when Im mentally substituting the subject of the text with variables - taking seconds out of your time to try and understand the context/meaning/function of the gibberish they throw at you can really eat away at review time in the end.

My only note would be that it's very important to be able to recognize and mentally prep for a question type before you read the actual scenario - knowing you're looking for a MBT/F will mean you read things differently than, say, a "Find the rule" or "Fix the contradiction" type question.

YOU GOT THIS!!!