Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study tips?? Also how to get into the high 150s-low 160s?

gardeniabluegardeniablue Core Member
in General 18 karma

Heyo,
This is going to sound ridiculous but I have no idea how to study. My college degree (History/Education) was mostly focused around writing and research, and very rarely did I need to study. I was a notorious procrastinator and while this worked well for me (I graduated with a 3.9 GPA), I realized that in order to succeed on the LSAT and beyond, I need to roll my sleeves up and study. But the problem is is that I have no idea where to start or what works best when studying for the LSAT.
For context, I have been studying for around 4-6 hours a day so far but I don't feel as if it's enough as of right now, and I would like to study for longer periods of time. I seem to be most productive at night. My diagnostic is a 145 when I started the curriculum and I'm still completing it. I would like to get into the high 150s-low 160s, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist and would like to do as well as possible. If I score high, I could get full-tuition from my local law school.

What do you guys do to study for the LSAT? How do you stay motivated? Please send help!

Comments

• cira2025cira2025 Core Member
    116 karma

Hi! So, my method of study is going through the CC and just practicing and doing drills for each question type and trying to make sure I could explain the reasoning out loud to someone why each answer choice is wrong and why each one is right. For context, I am still going through the CC and have seen improvement, even if it is slow but steady. So, in short, just practice practice practice and I in the beginning of my studies I also stressed quantity of hours spent over quality. Make sure you are spending enough time on each subject (question type, etc) and using everything to your advantage. Best of luck on your studies!