Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

158 (Non Diagnostic) -> 175+ in ~4 months

lsatprepanumba1lsatprepanumba1 Live Member
in General 10 karma

Hello,

I have been studying for the LSAT on and off and without much discipline over the last year and raised my score from a 146 to 158. I plan to take the LSAT in June 2024 and I need to score very high in order to get into good schools and get a good scholarship since my GPA is low for most of the law schools im interested (after this semester it will most likely be 3.4, 3.5 if I am lucky). I know this may be too broad of a question to ask, however I wanted to know what other people here think. Would it be possible to increase my score to a minimum of 175 from 158 ND in just 4 months (I know that is a hard score to get but I am willing to put in the hard work)?

Thank you. (And please dont sugar code it, give it to me straight 😂)

Comments

• Clemens_Clemens_ Live Member
    292 karma

Honestly, I would focus on improving your GPA for now. The LSAT will still be there for you afterwards, but once your GPA is established you can't change it any more.

• chriscampbell7687chriscampbell7687 Core Member
    68 karma

What Clemens_ said, focus on increasing your GPA as high as you can make it. then worry about lsat

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    797 karma

The process should be the exact opposite from what you're proposing. Since you have determined your goal score is 175, you should study hard until you PT around that range, then sign up for the official test. I see many people try to give an arbitrary timeline when in reality no one knows how long it will take for you or anyone else. Many people never reach 175, and others do after only a few months.

With that being said, I have already gone through the admissions process and can say that if you manage to score 175, there are a lot of schools that will bite and offer you a lot of scholarship money to attend. Schools like WashU would give you a full ride with a redacted GPA, or if you're aiming for the T14, UMich is super low GPA friendly as long as you have a compelling reason for it and a high LSAT.

Take a look at LSD Law if you want more info on this.

Also, do what the others above me said and increase your GPA. Lock in and get a 4.0 this semester.

• anonLSATanonLSAT Free Trial Member
    edited January 29 2 karma

Hi! I went from a 156 diagnostic to a 176 on my official exam in 4 months, so it is definitely possible if you have the time to devote to studying. I did one month of 2 LSAT classes/day with additional nightly homework and then stuck to weekly practice exams, blind reviews, and 4+ hours of drilling per day until I took the test. My life was essentially LSAT, class, and work but that was a choice that I was comfortable making because my internship covered the cost of my LSAT prep. If your friends are willing to do homework in a library with you while you study that also makes the social sacrifice much easier!

Ultimately though, you are the only one who knows if you can balance studying with classes. Don't be discouraged if you decide to move out your timeline. The summer is a great time to study!