Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mentorship Opportunity

Jonah Chadwick GriegoJonah Chadwick Griego Alum Member
in Off-topic 652 karma

Hello 7Sage!

I am a May 2023 University of Georgia School of Law graduate. I am offering myself as a resource for anyone interested. Feel free to shoot me a PM! 7Sage was a resource for me; I always wanted to give back.

I am currently studying for the February 2024 bar exam. I am clerking for the New Mexico Supreme Court and have another clerkship planned for the New Mexico Court of Appeals afterward. I am interested in Hispanic and Latino civil rights work and advocacy—specifically, issues affecting the Nuevomexicano community.

1L summer, I worked for a Federal District Court Judge and an Immigration Law Firm. In Fall 2L, I did a D.C. Semester in Practice working for the Department of Justice Civil Rights Division. During the 2L summer, I worked at the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund's (MALDEF) National Public Policy office in D.C. I did an immigration clinic during my 3L and got my clerkship offers in the spring of 3L.

I had a 154 LSAT, a 3.5 GPA, a small state school, four years of work experience, and URM status. I do not say this bragging, but I proffer that I graduated cum laude to show your stats do not always correlate to a predetermined success in law school. For any other stats, ask!

I look forward to helping anyone I can!

Best,

Jonah