Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I take April LSAT?

camillebear2023camillebear2023 Core Member
in General 31 karma

Hi all,
I have started studying for the LSAT in June (on and off during the summer) with a diagnostic in the low 150s. As I have had a busy schedule, I am still doing to core curriculum (LG at the moment) and doing every single drill. I will have more time to dedicate to LSAT from now on. I am aiming at 175+ ideally but haven't been doing that many PTs, just serious drills. I wonder if I should grind and take the April LSAT (and do it again in June if needed) or only the June LSAT (I am abroad so no other options).
Any advice?

Comments

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    797 karma

Are you still in the low 150s now? A 25 point score increase in 2 months is not impossible, but super hard and shouldn't be counted on. The general advice I see is to keep studying and taking PTs until your last few PTs are the average of what you want on the real test, and only after this to sign up for a real LSAT. June seems a lot more possible (still difficult), but shoot for April because you might be able to make it happen.

• darlenemae.1997darlenemae.1997 Core Member
    58 karma

Hi there! We are on the same boat. I started studying since last year February but very inconsistent because I had a few travel plans! Now that I hired a tutor recently, I have been taking my studies more seriously. I was aiming for April LSAT but with the rate I am going right now, I don't think getting a high score will be possible for April :neutral: I have been skipping the PTs and only been doing untimed drills so I can really understand each question before incorporating timed drills.

So my plan is to take a PT this week and if I don't like my score, I will push it to June. The deadline to register for April is on the 29th of February so we have time to decide.

Good luck, and you're not alone!