Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June or April LSAT or both

mikewas12mikewas12 Live Member
edited February 22 in General 44 karma

I'm currently stuck between taking the June or April (or both) LSAT since I want to try and take them before the logic games goes away in August. In the beginning of February I took my first PT after finishing the core curriculum and scored a 147 and my BR score was a 154 (my cold diagnostic was a 139). I want to take the LSAT with the logic games because it's supposed to be the most learnable section. Since my last PT I have been drilling LG 6 times a week for 5-6 hours a day using the foolproof method for games 1-35 (also I am currently a student in my last semester of undergrad and I do not work so I am able to put in a good amount of hours towards studying for the LSAT). I would love to take the April and June LSAT so I can have 2 go's at it but I'm worried that the April LSAT might be too soon since I still have to drill for LR and RC as I am not prepared at all in those sections. My RC is a -15 and LR -13. Also, the fact that I have to PT before the exam date worries me since I would need time to take PT's as well and I'm assuming I'd need at least few weeks for that. I'm planning to apply for the 2025 cycle and want to apply anywhere from September - December. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? Should I even be considering the LSAT with LG or should I just be focusing on the other sections and plan to take it later without the LG? My goal score is 170, I know its high and probably unrealistic but I am willing to put in the work to get there. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

Comments

• hollyrose613hollyrose613 Live Member
    180 karma

I am in the same boat, would love to hear some feedback on what I should do! My goal score is a little lower, around 165 or so.

• NayNayNuggetNayNayNugget Live Member
    59 karma

I am also in the same boat feeling that I can get through these games with the drilling I have been doing. What I will say is that we shouldn't neglect the LR because in the event you go for a 3rd time that will be the bulk of the exam along with RC I say continue to focus on LG and be prepared to drill LR as time gets closer especially when it comes to breaking down arguments

• kaitlyn25kaitlyn25 Live Member
    17 karma

I am struggling with this same debate, I have finished LR and haven't gotten to RC. Games I can figure out and am good at but not near the times I need to be at, they are time consuming to practice and get good at so I am with you on April or not.

• summercurrantssummercurrants Free Trial Member
    4 karma

@NayNayNugget happy wheels said:
    I am also in the same boat feeling that I can get through these games with the drilling I have been doing. What I will say is that we shouldn't neglect the LR because in the event you go for a 3rd time that will be the bulk of the exam along with RC I say continue to focus on LG and be prepared to drill LR as time gets closer especially when it comes to breaking down arguments

I have the same opinion as you.

• 1stWorldProblems1stWorldProblems Live Member
    697 karma

I heard from some people that they are providing full refund for June until day after April score release