Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking the April LSAT or waiting until June

kaitlyn25kaitlyn25 Live Member
in General 16 karma

I need some major advice and opinions here. I started studying for the LSAT in January and have been putting in about 30+ hours a week on 7Sage. I did my diagnostic and got a 146, 152 BR, so nothing really great. I got through all of the LR content, with the exception of a few of the drills near the end (for the sake of time). I am just now starting LG and this is why I am now panicking. I fundamentally understand LG and with like 2-5 more mins I can get 100% on the games, obviously that is not helpful for the real timed exam. So I know if I can learn them fast I can get good at this section, but my issue is I am just barley starting. After doing a game over and over I can get a minute or two below the target time, but again I am a week into the games and this time drop isn't happening for games I see for the first time. I haven't done an RC yet. Another part of my worry. I have about 48 days until the April exam, which I want to take to give myself 2 LG exam attempts, and because I wanted to avoid taking the August exam, but now I just don't know how prepared I will be in April. I haven't taken any PT's since my diagnostic and that is definitely a stressor since I don't really know what I would be scoring around and I will likely only be able to fit in a couple of PTs and still won't be able to finish learning everything. I am a full time student and am involved on campus but I still am able to get about 30+ hours in, if I pushed my exam till June I would probably maintain this with the hopes of kinda mastering everything. I just am not sure if it is better to just send the April exam, I have score preview, and then can cancel if I bomb it, or if I should just push it till June, have more study time, and hopefully could score better on my first attempt? I just then am only getting one LG attempt. For April it gives more more attempts, but then I am worried if I feel horrible after/during the exam and stressed then it will make me feel more pressure to get it together on the June exam. Clearly this is really stressing my out and the days till the exam are flying by, so any advice/opinions would be appreciated!!!

April or June Exam
  1. Should I take the April or June exam based on my circumstances?21 votes
    1. Take it in April still
      28.57%
    2. Push it back until June
      71.43%

Comments

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    990 karma

You shouldn’t take this test until you feel ready to take it. Don’t work against a deadline because you’re putting extra pressure on to yourself and this test is stressful as is. Keep learning and then take PT to see where you’re averaging before you sign up for June. A good score means more scholarship and less debt you’re taking out. Your future self will thank you. I wish you the best in your journey.