Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting back up with LSAT prep

gswtwin1gswtwin1 Live Member
in General 9 karma

I took the February LSAT and made a 148 (Goal score is 155 or mid-150s). I registered for the April LSAT/ want to get back into studying, but I don’t know how. I know I don’t want to start completely over. Advice?

Comments

• il-legally-brunetteil-legally-brunette Live Member
    269 karma

hmm... maybe take a fresh practice test, timed, and then go to analytics on 7sage after, which will show you your weakest question types. Then go into the core curriculum and rewatch the lessons for your weakest sections/types and then begin drilling those. Then take another PT, assess strengths and weaknesses, repeat

• daniel__daniel__ Live Member
    39 karma

What do you mean by "completely start over?" At this stage you should be doing practice tests to see what you are getting wrong, then reviewing the lessons / drilling in areas you are getting questions wrong.

I definitely would not review each lesson video again-- please don't do that! If there are areas where you keep having issues, it might be worthwhile to seek out other study resources (such as the Powerscore books) that explain the material in a different manner. Sometimes having the same information presented in a different manner is all that is needed for things to click.

Finally, what are your weakest areas? Usually LG can be improved the fastest followed by LR. RC is harder to improve in a short amount of time.

Best of luck!

• gswtwin1gswtwin1 Live Member
    9 karma

@daniel__ said:
    What do you mean by "completely start over?" At this stage you should be doing practice tests to see what you are getting wrong, then reviewing the lessons / drilling in areas you are getting questions wrong.

I definitely would not review each lesson video again-- please don't do that! If there are areas where you keep having issues, it might be worthwhile to seek out other study resources (such as the Powerscore books) that explain the material in a different manner. Sometimes having the same information presented in a different manner is all that is needed for things to click.

Finally, what are your weakest areas? Usually LG can be improved the fastest followed by LR. RC is harder to improve in a short amount of time.

Best of luck!

My weak areas are LR & RC. I’ve mastered LG.

• daniel__daniel__ Live Member
    39 karma

@gswtwin1 said:

My weak areas are LR & RC. I’ve mastered LG.

I would focus on improving LR and RC for the April / June tests.

• paredeskim58paredeskim58 Core Member
    4 karma

Hello,

I'm on the same boat as you in terms of trying to take the test again becuase I did have a low grade on it. But what I have learn so far is to take practices tests about every two weeks and see what specific areas I am struggling with in LR. A good book that has been helping me in LR is called The Loopholes for the LSAT. But for that section its important to do drills for the certain topics that you may be struggling with. For RC, I'm trying to time myself for the passage becuase my goal is to read these passages in like about 10 minutes or so. But that definitely takes time. Overall, its great that you're trying again and don't rush yourself becuase alot oof these topics will take time. I hope your studying goes well!