Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

“New” PrepTests Available for August 2024 Format

Nora MillerNora Miller Member Administrator
edited March 20 in General 473 karma

Great news: we’ve updated the 7Sage digital tester to include the set of remixed PrepTests LSAC recently released (PTs 101–158). To access them, simply head to the digital tester as usual and click the “August 2024 or later” button at the top.

Wait, what?
Here’s the backstory if you missed it: On February 22, LSAC released 58 “new” (well, technically not new) PrepTests on LawHub, a set they’re calling the “August 2024 Admin Test Format.” They start at PT 101 and go to PT 158.

The change is in preparation for the post-August 2024 LSAT which will be offered without Logic Games. The newly released PrepTests consist of two Logical Reasoning sections, one Reading Comprehension section, and one experimental section. Technically, the material on the tests is not actually new; these are composed of shuffled and repackaged sections from previous tests (PT19-PT94), excluding Logic Games.

I’m so confused!
That’s fair! This is a lot to keep track of, even for those of us who only ever think about the LSAT. Here’s a post with a lot more details about the new/not new PTs.

Comments

• ericdanielsilvagomezericdanielsilvagomez Live Member
    107 karma

If it’s not new material, would it make better sense to call them reformatted old PrepTests? I thought for a second they were more recent Prep Tests with newer material to use for prepping.

• Nora MillerNora Miller Member Administrator
    473 karma

@ericdanielsilvagomez said:
    If it’s not new material, would it make better sense to call them reformatted old PrepTests? I thought for a second they were more recent Prep Tests with newer material to use for prepping.

Yeah fair point! These are “new” in the sense that they’re newly remixed, but the material is old. I changed the language in my post a little to make that clearer.

• emheslopmaemheslopma Live Member
    9 karma

Is there a way to best know which tests are fresh (that we haven't drilled parts of) since they are reformatted? I don't want to harm the strength of the predictive nature of these by taking ones with questions I have already seen.

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14173 karma

@emheslopma Not automatically, I'm afraid. But you can cross reference this spreadsheet to check.