Light Prep Before PT + Waking Up Early

angelleungangelleung Free Trial Member
in General 32 karma
I don't know how representative my score is when I see what I get on the PT that I split up to use as a 5th section for 4 other tests, but I got a much higher score than I have been getting recently and I suspect, aside from regular fluctuations in performance, that a big factor behind this boost is the mental preparation I do beforehand. What I mean is that I'll insert the first "experimental" section at the very beginning of a PT, then I'll put the second section as the second, the third as the third, etc.

I read that people recommend doing a game, a few LR questions and one RC passage before doing the actual test the day of. I'm not too much of a morning person but I've been trying to wake up earlier. It hasn't been that easy and I know that grogginess can definitely hinder my performance. What I'm trying to figure out is if my experimental PT (the one I split up) is better because most, if not all, of the sections are written after having done another section from the "real" one I'm doing that day. Perhaps this is just speculation but I'm wondering if people have gotten into the habit of doing some light preparation before going into their PT and noticed an improvement. I hope this post made sense. Essentially, I think if I can wake up earlier, it will save me a few points.

I'm writing in October. Although the examination time is listed at 8:30, I know it doesn't start exactly then. Nonetheless, what time do you suggest I wake up to not feel groggy and to prepare by eating and doing some light prep? When I simulate/do PTs, should I be starting my test at exactly 8:30?

Comments

• harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I believe I read somewhere that you're not FULLY awake until an hour after you wake up (I don't know where I read this or if it's accurate, but I think it is). As a result of that, I would probably try to wake up at least 2 hours before you PT. Enough time for you to wake up, eat, and do some extra pre-test drilling. In my opinion!
    I always start my Saturdays exactly the same. Wake up, hit the gym (which includes a healthy dose of C4 pre workout lol), come home and shower, eat, drink a coffee, and then begin with a few LSAT pre-PT questions.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited August 2015 2398 karma
    The best part of wakin' up...is a great preptest warmup.

HTML5 Icon

2398 karma
    Wow @harrismegan you must be wired during your PTs lol. C4 and coffee!

OP: If you're asking about start times, the test doesn't begin at 8:30. I would say it probably starts closer to 9. If you are feeling like you're not completely awake at the start of your tests, get in the routine of waking up a little earlier and maybe do an easy game to get into the swing of things.
  • lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    sorry i cant offer advice but thanks for your post. very helpful
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Can confirm I started actually testing around 9AM back in Feb.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited August 2015 7965 karma
    @angelleung said:
    I'm writing in October. Although the examination time is listed at 8:30, I know it doesn't start exactly then. Nonetheless, what time do you suggest I wake up to not feel groggy and to prepare by eating and doing some light prep? When I simulate/do PTs, should I be starting my test at exactly 8:30?
    Oh goodness.... this all depends on cortisol cycles. I've never heard of a 8.30 section beginning before 9.00 am! Don't think too much about it. Get a morning routine going and give yourself some variation. You can't control for all factors of this test, so give yourself some grace. Plan ahead but allow for some variation.
    2398 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    Plan ahead but allow for some variation.
    Word.