Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Score decrease

mikewas12mikewas12 Live Member
edited March 22 in General 41 karma

I just took a PT and scored a 141 with a BR score of 162 and my previous PT being 147 with a BR score of 154 about 2 months ago. I don’t understand how I dropped so much compared to my previous PT. I am aware that timing is probably the biggest factor that’s killing my score. But I don’t understand how I dropped so much when I’ve been drilling for the past 2 months. During the LG section I could not solve one of the games (it was a miscellaneous) so I got 7 wrong there automatically because I ran out of time and I rather not guess on the questions so I don’t have a possibly inflated score. And I got 4 wrong on the other games. The RC section was brutal I got -19 and during BR brought it down to -10. I can’t seem to finish the section I can only get to 3/4. This is by far my worst section. For LR I got -13 and during BR brought it down to -5. This drop in score from a already low score of 147 to an even lower score is demoralizing and makes me questions if this is even for me. But my BR score is significantly higher than my PT score which is clearly an indication of a timing issue. I know I definitely need to work on all the sections but can anyone give me any advice on what I should do as I am planning on taking the June LSAT because LG is by far my best section. And I am completely baffled by this and don’t even know how to proceed. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• gbv215gbv215 Live Member
    82 karma

I'd say don't be too hard on yourself. Sometimes you get unlucky with PTs and they just don't click - I went through something similar with my last PT. But part of the LSAT is mentality so yeah I'd say don't think about it too hard if you're putting the work in!

• Xavier166Xavier166 Core Member
    151 karma

You need to worry first about learning the fundamentals instead of worrying about the clock, the better you become the less time you waste on questions and easier to see through wrong answers also if your issue is timing hide the clock, at least for me I perform better when I'm not seeing every second go down, calms my anxiety tremendously . Lastly breathe in and out

• jiwoonyoon.sgjiwoonyoon.sg Core Member
    102 karma

Xavier is right, learning the fundamentals is a much more important concern than timing. With all due respect and not making hasty assumptions, it may be the case that what you see as a timing issue is more an issue of not having the fundamentals down yet :) It's like trying to run faster with really weak muscles. You can't go faster even if you rush yourself, but you can train for stronger muscles! Don't let a lower score demoralize you, don't focus on timing, try to identify those fundamental areas that needs polishing and you'll get there.

• joshua941019joshua941019 Core Member
    42 karma

Im on same boat as you.

• jc333333jc333333 Live Member
    96 karma

My PT scores bounce around all the time and it's natural. You are going to have games at times that are more difficult, certain LR sections will produce a greater number of questions in which you understand how to approach them better than others, and some RC passages are more difficult to comprehend. Take a win in the fact that your BR went up by 8 points. Work on understanding how to approach the test and get your timing down and you will improve!