Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC Waiver

misrakmurphymisrakmurphy Live Member
in General 12 karma

Hello Everyone! I am 21 years old, but I file independently because I take care of 100% of my living. I am not married and don't have any kids. I'm not sure why LSAC automatically marks me as a dependent and requires my parents' tax information to receive the fee waiver. Does anyone know a way to bypass this? I'm guessing it is because of my age but it doesn't make sense that it automatically thinks everyone receives help from their parents. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• gbv215gbv215 Live Member
    109 karma

Hey! You're not alone, the same thing happened to me when I applied.
    If they reject your application you can appeal it. There's an option to submit a letter, which is what I did basically explaining why their system didn't make sense for my situation and they granted it pretty quickly. So, tldr: submit a letter explaining your circumstances!

• shrutimishra016shrutimishra016 Live Member
    18 karma

Alongside the letter, it would help to provide documentation to prove that you are 100% responsible for your living expenses and cannot afford the LSAC fees. Including a rent letter, letter of any government assistance/benefits you're receiving, bank statements, etc. helps tremendously.

• il-legally-brunetteil-legally-brunette Core Member
    273 karma

Same happened to me. I've heard, like the above comments say, that the best way is to submit it, appeal the denial, and explain that your parents do not assist you with your expenses.

• maxiesummerfeildmaxiesummerfeild Free Trial Member
    edited April 22 2 karma

I agree with you. But I want to share this website with you. I hope this will help in your work. I am a student and a sports player as well. Sometimes I get stuck in my work, and due to the lack of time, one day I thought to try a https://domypaper.com/ website to help me out. They are very good at their work, and the best part is that they are doing it for an affordable price.

• 86 karma

If you file independently it should allow you or mark you as an independent on the form, since you file your taxes as an independent. The dependent form is for those who are claimed as a dependent on their parents taxes. So if they ask if anyone has claimed you, or if you can be claimed as someone elses dependent, say no. Your taxes prove it.