Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to 7Sage, lost on where I should start first with live classes

in General 77 karma

Hi everyone, I am brand new to anything law related lol and studying for the LSATs. I am watching the videos according to the study schedule on here. I would like to know how I should start with the LSAT live teaching classes? Or should I watch all videos first before taking live classes? There are many to choose from, but which class should I take first to familiarize myself more with the LSATs for beginners? How can I find that class to start with?

God Bless, thanks!

Comments

• mikerivas1677mikerivas1677 Member
    11 karma

Same

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1452 karma

@capturingthemomentmedia said:
    Hi everyone, I am brand new to anything law related lol and studying for the LSATs. I am watching the videos according to the study schedule on here. I would like to know how I should start with the LSAT live teaching classes? Or should I watch all videos first before taking live classes? There are many to choose from, but which class should I take first to familiarize myself more with the LSATs for beginners? How can I find that class to start with?

God Bless, thanks!

Hi there,

There isn't any structured order for where you need to start and end. You can choose to join any live class or rewatch any of the previous live class sessions.

Since you're having trouble choosing where to begin, we'd recommend watching J.Y.'s Core Curriculum: Foundations live class, this is a great class for a beginner student. If you want to start at the beginning, just click the "previous" button at the bottom of the series page to find all of the recorded classes.

If you want to supplement your studies with more classes than just J.Y.'s, you can also filter our events page for the "beginner" classes. This will help you better decide which other live classes you'd like to attend. Please be sure to work through the Core Curriculum while attending live classes. Although helpful, it's meant to supplement your work with the Core Curriculum, not replace it entirely.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

• badabimbadabambadabimbadabam Live Member
    23 karma

hey hey, welcome in! I would recommend starting with the core curriculum (foundational concepts) and working your way up. Most classes are rather beginner friendly and so far, the tutors have been nothing but helpful (even if my peanut brain doesn't get an obvious point). I would especially recommend Henry's classes if you're just starting out but honestly, just hop in whenever and check the vibes yourself. You got this!

• missjurisdocmissjurisdoc Live Member
    edited April 2 658 karma

I've personally been studying for like 5 plus months and have yet to finish the core curriculum. I have a really bad attention span and often need more motivation to get into the studying routine and remaining confident- so I concur on especially joining Henry's classes(RC specifically right now). Find what works for you. As time goes on, you'll get better and maybe you'll even fall in love with the process. Good luck!

• 77 karma

Thank you for the great responses and encouragement

• LivinLaVidaLSATLivinLaVidaLSAT Live Member
    655 karma

For the most part, you will find a mixture of experience levels within a class (beginner to advanced). However, you can use the tags on classes to help you select classes to start with. Look for classes tagged "beginner" and you can gauge from there. You're not required to speak in live classes so you can start participating /speaking in class when you're ready. You can take classes in conjunction with going through the curriculum. No need to wait. What's most important is getting started and developing a consistent study routine. Good luck!