Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feeling Lost

LSATJun24LSATJun24 Core Member
in General 7 karma

I'm hoping to get a 170 on the June test (6/6/24). Usually I do the best with logic games (-1/-0). Lately, I'm feeling like I'm regressing as I get closer to my test date. Any tips? Ways to stay motivated?

Here's a breakdown of my PTs (I've been taking 2-3 a week for the past few weeks, but my earliest one was 6 months ago):
PT66 - 149 (earliest)
PT68 - 149
PT20 - 159
PT47 - 165
PTJ07 -163
PT72 - 163
PT76 - 167
PT77 - 162
PT79 - 167
PT80 - 171 (when I started doing 2-3 a week)
PT81 - 166
PT82 - 168
PT83 - 177
PT84 - 168
PT85 - 169
PT86 - 166
PT87 - 167
PT88 - 166 (today)

Any help/advice/motivation would be appreciated :)

Comments

• nicholas.leon96nicholas.leon96 Alum Member
    171 karma

First of all I want to reassure you that you've got this. Don't forget to look at how much you've progressed since you started. Look at all that progress, broke out of the 40's and into the 60's with consistency and sometimes the 70's, that's awesome.

My first suggestion would be to stop taking practice tests. They are an inefficient method of study, and they cramp your mental game (which is why you made this post).

Second I want to let you know in a gentle way, that this close to the test (I am also testing in June, so good luck fellow 7Sager o7), there isn't a lot that you can do to drastically affect your outcomes. You already did a vast majority of the work, and again, look how far you've come! That being said however, I would use 7Sage analytics to focus on your weaknesses, probably in the LR section. Go in there and take a look at the LR questions you're weakest with and really hammer those. And of course, keep fool proofing to keep your LG on point because getting a -1 or hopefully a -0 will free you up so much on the other sections.

Good luck!

• saraolssonsaraolsson Live Member
    12 karma

@"nicholas.leon96" Not OP, but when you say "take a look at the LR questions you're weakest on", would you recommend going over actual questions we've missed or just the type of question we're missing most, with new stimuli?

Curious because I see this advice a fair amount and am not sure if I should be going over previously missed questions months/weeks down the line.

• YaleOrFailYaleOrFail Live Member
    227 karma

Too many PT's. Take a break.

• nicholas.leon96nicholas.leon96 Alum Member
    171 karma

Good luck! > @daisyfellows said:

@"nicholas.leon96" Not OP, but when you say "take a look at the LR questions you're weakest on", would you recommend going over actual questions we've missed or just the type of question we're missing most, with new stimuli?

Curious because I see this advice a fair amount and am not sure if I should be going over previously missed questions months/weeks down the line.

I mean drill those question types. In the drill tab you can sort questions by that type of question and focus on those, maybe do a drill set of 5 at a time ratcheting up the difficulty. After some time has passed you can always go back to old ones you've missed to conserve the material.