Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

feel like my progress is stagnating

edited May 27 in General 36 karma

i took my first two PT (other than my diagnostic) over a year ago after about 2 weeks of studying using the powerscore books, and scored a 165 and 168 respectively (which i know are more than decent!). i took a break from studying since school & work were super busy. i started up again earlier this month with 7sage and am planning to take it in september, but i feel like i'm not improving at all or even getting worse, especially in LR. my LR scores are almost the same as my initial diagnostic and two PTs last year. when i revise my wrong answers, i feel like i grasp the individual question but am unable to reapply the theories/methods elsewhere.

i'm aiming for a score in the low 170s. any advice for this kind of plateau—or should i just keep at it and be patient (i am a very impatient person when it comes to my studies)? or should i change up my method (slow down w the curricula, drill more, etc.)? i've just been going through the curriculum and i'd say i am about 70% through.

sometimes i feel like i just need to chill and take everything in but i physically cannot be chill in general. and comparing myself to my diagnostics last year & how quickly i made progress back then makes me a little frustrated. this post is a bit long but if there's any advice for how to better frame my studies/approach in general, i would really appreciate it.