Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestion: Please update Nightmode #feedback

bigchungus69420bigchungus69420 Core Member
in General 167 karma

Over the course of using 7Sage, I sometimes get headaches and eye fatigue from staring at the bright white layout for long periods of time. Today I got that same eye fatigue and headache and decided to see if 7Sage has a nightmode, and they do! Great! I turned it on and to my disappointment it's just inverted colors and... it's really bad.

First, everything is inverted, and it just looks bad. The color scheme is now elementary school Halloween party, and with profile pictures (and all pictures) being inverted, as another user with my complaint said https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/34156 , gives off paranormal horror film vibes. Scary! Also the results page for drills and prep tests is a complete eyesore. The entire site turns from pretty to ugly :(

The other user I linked to mentioned that there are some problems in the lesson and explanation videos because of the inversion, like when pictures are brought up or when colors are used and referenced. I don't know how that could be fixed other than rerecording each lesson in nightmode (lol,) but out of the hours of videos on the site, those specific issues are so few and far between it's not really an issue to me.

There are also some visual problems not entirely related to aesthetics. The most glaring is the highlight function on drills and prep tests. I like to use all three highlighter colors on reading comprehension, but nightmode's inversion makes the yellow and orange practically indistinguishable. The current nightmode also puts more strain on the eyes. The inversion of everything makes the color scheme visually hard on the eyeballs, and some things are just crazy bright, like the bright orange at the bottom of the screen. Some buttons are harder to read and find, especially when it's a dark orange or dark gray on black. The pitch black background (as opposed to a grayscale design) contributes to the visual fatigue as well. White text on the black background creates a high contrast making everything slightly harder to read.

Currently, nightmode does the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do! I, and I assume many other users, would really enjoy a more visually comfortable studying experience! Please make an update!

Thanx for reading :)))

feedback

Comments