Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reading Comprehension: What’s your average time spent on each passage?

linktolawlinktolaw Core Member

I’m trying to gauge whether or not my experience is normal.

How much time does everyone spend on reading the passage? JUST reading it, not answering the questions.

Every time I review a test or drill, 7sage tells me I’m spending about 2-minutes per passage while also telling me that my target time should be closer to 7-10 minutes. I’m not getting every question correctly so that’s not even a flex. I seem to be struggling to slow down but maybe this is just growing pains.

Comments

• LSATbeast123LSATbeast123 Core Member
    10 karma

I think the target time means how long each passage (reading and answering questions) should take you. Since there are 4 passages and 35 minutes, it should take around 8 mins to read a passage and answer the questions. However, some passages are easier than others and take less time. Some passages have more questions attached and will take more time.

My general rule is to spend 4 mins reading the passage and around 4 to answer questions. 4 mins is a pretty big chunk to spend on reading the passage, but I found I am better equipped to breeze through the questions if I spend more time upfront and get a better understanding of the reading.