Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spring semester start

Hi guys,

I know that it's not good to start in the Spring semester compared to the Fall semester but let's just say that I start in the Spring semester then plan on transferring after 1L to a better law school.

Is it actually possible to transfer after 1L with spring semester start? or do you know any schools that do accept?

I know that you can for the Fall semester start and I know that it's going to be difficult and people will say I shouldn't attend if I plan on transferring to a new school.

But besides all that, is it possible?

Any experience or opinions?

Thank you.

Comments

• trevorNYCgoaltrevorNYCgoal Core Member
    321 karma

Have you confirmed that there are spring semester starts? I’m not sure where you’re looking to apply (country and region) but at least in the U.S., it seems that most schools are fall starts because of the uniform curriculum they put their cohorts through. Do you have any schools you’re looking at that start in the spring.

I’d also suggest looking at transfer stories. My advice to you would be to first focus on the LSAT and preparing your application as best you can. I would agree with others who have told you it’s not worth attending a semester if your entire goal is to transfer. Stick through with your current plan, you got this!

• konghyunsik1995konghyunsik1995 Alum Member
    8 karma

Thank you so much.

I'm applying in the US and I know that Baylor have spring semester starts and just a few more schools. I just wanted to know if there are successful stories who transferred from Spring semester start to another school after a semester or 1L.