Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prep Test 108 Section 4 (Missing Explanations)

samatan36samatan36 Live Member
edited June 13 in Reading Comprehension 12 karma

Hi,

I am reviewing my mistakes on Prep Test 108, and I noticed that there are no Explanations for sec 4. Seems strange since there were explanations for section 1 which was ungraded. In particular I'm looking for an explanation on question 26. Thank you!

Comments

• vishnugarulvishnugarul Core Member
    2 karma

Hey! I was also hoping to find video explanation on section 4. I happened to get #26 correct, and my reasoning was that while age is mentioned as a factor for the fossils, taphonomy was not used to determine age. After they had determined the age of the fossils/tools, then they studied them.

Did you get #22 correct in your test? I missed that and was hoping to find out why.

Thank you!

• samatan36samatan36 Live Member
    12 karma

Thank you! I didn't get 22 right on my test, I had gone with E. From what I could see, I think C is right because the main point in that sentence is that anthropologists haven't accurately compared 'these people' (modern hunter-gatherers) with prehistoric hunter-gatherers. Also, the end of the sentence directly refers to fewer large predators in modern times, which would correlate to less competition for food for modern societies. Hope that helps a bit

• letslearntogetherletslearntogether Live Member
    79 karma

I got 22 right but not 26/27.

C is right because the author states the two failures in the last sentence of the first paragraph. The anthropologists did not look into the sophistication and environments. Part of looking into the environments is the level of competition.