Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I switch to 7sage from Powerscore?

in General 7 karma

Hello everyone,
Can any of you give me your input if you have made the switch from PowerScore to 7sage?
I have been using Powerscore on a consistent basis since July 2022. I have taken their full course 3 times, 2 while working FT and this last time I quit my job to study FT for the LSAT, I also hired a tutor with powerscore (didn't seem to make a difference). I love their fundamentals and the way they explain things. However, I took the LSAT 2 times and both scores were the same. There is another issue that I was having as PowerScore does not have PT explanations as 7sage does, they only have a forum where one has to ask questions. I have spent so much money and invested so much time with Powerscore and thinking this is not really working for me and need to look at other platforms. Just looking for insight if anyone here has made that switch and their results? Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• donnanicole.djdonnanicole.dj Live Member
    22 karma

I haven't made that specific switch, but from my perspective it sounds like you already know what you need and what is/isn't working for you. i wouldn't let myself get discouraged by how much time I've already spent if ultimately you aren't seeing the progress you'd like to see. You can't get that time/money back either way.

I did switch my methods halfway through studying once I felt like I had gotten all that I could from what I was previously using, and it was night and day for me. So my anecdotal recommendation is yeah if you feel like you've genuinely hit a wall with what you're using now then you should switch.

The only other thing I can think of to say is it could just be a plateau? Even with 7sage, there was a period of time where I felt like I was learning but my score wasn't reflecting it for at least 2 months and it drove me crazy. But ultimately I still felt like I was improving my score eventually caught up.

Hope any of this helps.

• 7 karma

Thank you for your reply it helps to know that I am not alone. Yes, this helps a lot.

• edited June 27 7 karma

Do you mind sharing how long did you study for the exam?

• jilliankirklandjilliankirkland Core Member
    edited June 28 56 karma

How far are you from the score you want to apply with, and how much progress have you made from where you started? If you're at a 172 and want a 180 but aren't in any rush to apply, that's a very different situation than wanting to apply asap but only increasing from, say, 150 to 160 after two years.

Also, have you looked through many of the questions on the PowerScore forum? I have paid monthly subscriptions to three different platforms and still use the PS forum every day. I've taken over 30 PTs and reviewed every question with their forum, and I've maybe come across 3 questions total that didn't have very detailed explanations. The forum has been up since at least 2011 so the ones they didn't post an explanation for initially, they've since posted multiple explanations for as people have asked questions over time. It's also one of the only places (and by far the best one) where you can get such detailed help with reasoning through the questions at no cost. They give you a series of questions to answer about how you got to the answer you're confused about, and if you provide them with that info they will help you through whatever question you ask about. I would suggest you look at it again if you haven't recently. That has been the biggest game changer for me and I'm personally convinced it's the reason I've been about to increase by 22+ points in two months on my own.

I think at this point, though, you might need to take a closer look at the specific mistakes you're not able to stop repeating and course-correct based on what your issues are exactly. After that amount of time with the material in full courses and tutoring, it's very unlikely you will be able to take someone else's solution and plug it into your brain to just start scoring higher. You've invested so much time and money into this that you want to make sure you don't take the same mistakes to a different program just to end up in the same place. If you haven't already, try a week off. You will survive it, and it might help you come back with the clarity you need to tackle this stuff at your best and with more clarity :) I hope you find what works for you and hang in there. You've got this.