Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC Timing Problem

So Ive been using the BR method strictly on reading comp for the last couple of days and my accuracy has improved tremendously but EVERY time Im incorporating time into the process, my accuracy goes down significantly. Im currently aiming at 3.5 min for reading and the last 4.5-5 doing the questions. Any suggestions? Also, any passage that has 7-8 questions immediately has meant I wont get through all the questions. It freaks me out haha

Comments

• DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    Skip questions. The minute you can’t pre-phrase an answer, or you’ve eliminated all 5 answer choices, move on. It’s not the reading speed or even the reading volume that kills us; it’s the paralysis when we don’t know the answer. If that happens, circle the question and hope you have time at the end to go back. Usually, some time away from the question will allow you to see the problem. Either way, you’re not spending valuable time on a problem you’re probably not going to get correct anyway.
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor, god, I thought I was the only one who crossed out 5 answer choices in RC. But I second your idea. It is not worthwhile to ruin the whole passage due to one hard question.
  • epons1993epons1993 Member
    14 karma
    Yeah, thats so true. I have to work on pushing my pride away when I do reading comp haha. Thanks for the help!