Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nov 2019 LSAT Diagram Question

krk_2024krk_2024 Member

Hello,

I am having trouble wrapping my head around question 25 of LR section 2 of the November 2019 LSAT. The question states:

"The generalization expressed below most helps to justify the reasoning in which one of the following arguments:

An arrangement of objects tends to be aesthetically pleasing to the extent that it gives the impression that the person who arranged the objects succeeded at what he or she was attempting to do."

I tried to diagram this since that is how I think about questions like this, but am confused after watching the answer key video. Does anyone know if this should be, "Aesthetically pleasing -> Impression of Success" (Aesthetically pleasing requires the impression of success) or "Impression of Success -> Aesthetically Pleasing" (if there is an impression of success, then we know it is aesthetically pleasing)? I think it is AP -> IS but am not 100%.

I am finding mixed responses when trying to search this question online, if anyone can help figure this out. I also am not sure why answer choice B of this question is wrong. Answer choice B says:

"The wooden panels in the art installation probably are not arranged in the way that the artist wanted them arranged, for the installation is less aesthetically pleasing than other installations."

Does that tell is ~AP -> ~IS? (given it is not pleasing -> did not succeed?)

Any help appreciated, thanks!