Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How To Improve on Timing?

Amna SmrxAmna Smrx Live Member
in General 17 karma

I am taking the LSAT August 2024 and am still struggling a bit with timing. Does anyone have any ideas on how to improve in the next 3 weeks that I have?

Comments

• catbellycatbelly Core Member
    229 karma

What helped me was doing "confidence drills" - it's basically doing drills as fast as you can. It can be 10 questions, 20 questions, or a whole section. But it's mostly just to speed through and test your confidence. You'll be surprised by how many you end up getting right. After doing the drill, I do a pretty extensive Blind Review because I usually know that some questions I wasn't sure about purely due to timing (for ex., I wasn't able to diagram a formal conditional logic question, or I didn't quite understand the stimulus). This helps you trust your intuition more. This will also flag for you certain "fundamentals" that might actually not be fundamental for you. If you're getting caught up on causation, for example, and that takes you longer to answer, you should review/drill causation. I hope that helps!