Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Tips or advice would be appreciated! - 7Sage Forum

Tips or advice would be appreciated!

Sidaks122Sidaks122 Live Member
in General 20 karma

Hi everyone,

This is my first time taking the LSAT, started my diagnostic in the 140-145 range, haven't taken a practice test yet, but I am planning on doing that in the next 1-2 weeks. I am preparing for the November LSAT, but based on questions that I have been drilling, it has been fluctuating for me getting 5/6 right on some days and 4/6 on others (Ex. for Strengthen Medium sometimes I get 6/6 and other days 4/6).

1. What is a tip/trick that has been helping you out or that "A-hah" moment ?

2. How long did it take you guys to fully master a question type like Strengthen and/or assumption, only getting 2-3 or less wrong?

3. I officially started studying end of May, how soon have people started seeing results? I am aiming for a high 160 before November. Is this attainable studying a few hours everyday? Let me know your guys' experiences or takes on this:)

Comments

• ntrepanier5ntrepanier5 Alum Member
    322 karma
    1. I wouldn't worry too much about the drill fluctuation for now - last week I got like 7/12 on a Medium Weaken drill and then got a 170 on a PT a few days ago. Your state of mind varies a lot day to day. Focus on your weaknesses: hopefully you'll see that variation narrow and become less frequent, but it's also to be expected for question types you know you're worse at.

2. Wrong Answer Journaling and Blind Reviewing. It was never a single "a-ha" moment for me, but rather hundreds of them over the last few months as I've learned little tricks here and there. For example, yesterday I was reviewing a PT and learned about the "Belief-Conditional Flaw" on PT87.2.25 for the first time ever since starting my studies last December.

3. Defining "mastery" is difficult. Getting literally every single question of a type right any time, any place? Probably never for me. Getting about 90% accuracy for a given question type on an actual practice test (i.e., having multiple levels of difficulty for the question type rather than like a 5* drill)? Probably a few months for some question types, still working on it for others. Shaking my fist at you, WSE and those late-test PFs.

4. Absolutely. One of the odd things about studying for the LSAT imo is, the longer you do it, the more cool study strategies you pick up along the way that you realize would have saved you time earlier in your studies. So between now and when you take in November, it's more a matter of the quality of your studies rather than the duration of your studies (to a degree - obv I'm not suggesting going sicko mode for a really focused 3 hours the day before the test). To draw on my own studying experience again, I was pretty diligent about having a rigid schedule that let me study for like 8 hours a day back in May and June but (a) that sucked and (b) I wasn't seeing the score progress I wanted to, so I changed things up. My schedule's more flexible now and I try to study for shorter, more intense amounts of time, and I think my recent improvements are down to that change.

Also weird random study habit I picked up recently was playing "Mouse Clicking Sounds" on Spotify on repeat while I'm drilling and PTing. I plan on taking the test at a testing center so wanted to simulate that. Do what you can to most simulate the environment in which you'll be taking the test.

Sorry for the wall of text but hope you find something in here helpful and best of luck in your studies!