Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Accommodations

gabysibisangabysibisan Core Member

So I'm registered to take the August LSAT and as I'm studying I've noticed it's more helpful to either be able to read it aloud or be able to have a physical copy in front of me. I assumed writing the LSAT in person in a writing centre meant it would be a pen-and-paper test however I just found out you'd still be writing it digitally. I have since decided I prefer to write it in person in a writing centre and would prefer a pen and paper test however, looking at the LSAC website I will need to apply for accommodations.

My questions now will follow: (1) do I have enough time to apply for accommodations and still be approved before having to write the LSAT in August? and (2) I don't have any disability/ diagnosis I notice that it helps me better understand what's being said, do I have to apply for accommodations with a Qualified Professional form?
In other words, is the only way to get this accommodation through having a diagnosed disability?

Thank you!

Comments

• lauren.marshall1875lauren.marshall1875 Alum Member
    2 karma

I think the deadline has passed for the accomodations request for August. You could apply for accomodations now for the September test date.
    You have to have a professional validate your request for accomodations. You can try explaining your situation to a doctor and asking them to write a note, but without any formal diagnosis it may be hard. If you have a therapist that would qualify too.