Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Environment Scan for LSAT Argumentative Writing

nbbran21nbbran21 Core Member
in General 30 karma

Ahead of sitting the LSAT at a testing center on the August test date, and it seems that the argumentative writing section is exclusively conducted online. The best I can do currently is a long office, with a blackboard, and then two large bookcases with boxes piled in front of them relegated to the far corner of the room. Does it seem likely that this room will be acceptable? Might I have to cover the bookcases?

Is there any way to do an environment scan in advance to determine if the room is likely to be acceptable?

Comments

• 46 karma

I had a similar situation last year, and ended up calling the LSAC . In my case, they offered to pay the costs of renting a hotel room or Airbnb for the test because my home's windows were floor-to-ceiling and unacceptable. I'd call them and see what they say after describing your environment.

• dashaslaterdashaslater Live Member
    edited August 1 16 karma

I took mine in my living room. I just made sure the area was spotless, no papers, covered the TV with a blanket. I faced a blank wall and had a clear blank wall (or window) in my background. I did not book a hotel room, tried to do it at a public library but ran into some internet trouble. My home was the last choice and the best choice. Just read the things that are prohibited and assure none of those are present when you take the test, then just take it from there.

Good luck!

• nbbran21nbbran21 Core Member
    30 karma

@dashaslater thank you for the insight, that's good to hear. Its good to know that covering with a blanket seemed to be acceptable.