Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reading all the ACs for RC

jwooooonjwooooon Core Member

I always read all the ACs for LR because the extra seconds are worth it to find trick ACs. However, I find that in RC, that is not the case and that those few seconds might be better used understanding the passage. Should I be skipping the ACs when I find the right AC or should I read all the ACs before selecting an AC?

I also want to add that I am working exclusively through old PTs (PT1 through 30). I am not ready to use the new ones as I am not at a level where I want to waste those questions.

Should I read all the ACs or skip when I find the right answer (for RC ONLY)
  1. Read all or Skip?14 votes
    1. Read All
      100.00%
    2. Skip
        0.00%

Comments

• equallyyokedequallyyoked Live Member
    edited July 27 470 karma

I believe that there is nothing wrong with a courtesy scan of every answer choice. If you go into the answer choices with a pre-phrase and you see that A.C. then you may want to choose it quickly. However, to get to the correct A.C. many times, you still have to read them all. Just quickly read. Maybe practice that in your prep.

• ntrepanier5ntrepanier5 Alum Member
    321 karma

Depends on the question.

If it's one of those easier "what did the author mean in using this word?" questions, then yeah I usually go in knowing exactly what I'm looking for and skim the other ACs more for peace of mind than anything else. Those 1* and 2* questions are pretty few and far between for most passages, so I'd say they're the exception to the rule. For most questions I'd say the best approach is POE, which obv requires you read each AC.

Because it's such a low number of super easy questions where I think NOT reading every AC is a viable strategy, I don't think you really stand to gain that much time by skipping ACs. I'd say MAYBE 30 seconds to a minute per RC section?