Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Law School Admissions Predictor

Lawyerpillar25Lawyerpillar25 Core Member

Hello. I have noticed that the Law School Admissions Predictor appears to overestimate my chances of getting into some of the listed law schools. For example, there is one school in which I supposedly have a 69% chance (likely target) of getting accepted, although I am below both medians for LSAT and GPA. With this in mind, should I continue to utilize the Law School Admissions Predictor in narrowing down the list of law schools that I should apply to this fall?

Comments

• ntrepanier5ntrepanier5 Alum Member
    316 karma

Narrowing yes. I wouldn't accept the numbers the 7sage predictor (or any predictor) spits out as authoritative bc they're just estimates (and I agree they can overestimate), but it can definitely be helpful in ruling places out. If I have a 1% chance of getting into YLS then I'm sure as heck not going to waste $80 and hours writing YLS-specific essays.

Also, it depends on how you view that 69% school. If it's supposed to a safety school for you, then yeah maybe you might want to aim somewhere for which your LSAT and GPA are higher than the median. If it's within your wheelhouse or is a reach, then by all means, go for it. Yeah you're below the medians, but remember, so were close to half of the students they admitted last year!

Obviously you know your own finances and amount of time to write a mind-numbing number of essays better than anyone else, but if the Predictor says you've got a 69% chance, go for it. No reason to regret not doing so for the rest of your life.