Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Does the Main Point Question Answer Always Reflect the Author's Overall Support? - 7Sage Forum

Does the Main Point Question Answer Always Reflect the Author's Overall Support?

J ArangoJ Arango Core Member

When I read a Reading Comprehension passage, I always look for the main idea, like where the author’s opinion or argument stands. For Main Point questions, does the correct answer always show where the author stands? For example, if the first paragraph supports idea A, but paragraphs 2 and 3 support idea B, will the right answer for the Main Point question always reflect the overall support for idea B?

Comments

• letslearntogetherletslearntogether Live Member
    78 karma

Yes the main point would be the author's opinion in those cases. If the author is a reporter of the debate without a committed position the MP should address that there is a debate and perhaps what the positions are. Check for accurateness of each of the answer and then if you are still stuck see which one is more complete. This has really helped me!