Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). I’m currently scoring 147-155. Should I fully focus on drills now? - 7Sage Forum

I’m currently scoring 147-155. Should I fully focus on drills now?

J ArangoJ Arango Core Member

Hey guys, I've been studying for two months now and have learned all the foundations of Logical Reasoning. Currently, I'm scoring between -13 and -8 in the best-case scenario. Should I just keep drilling and focusing on accuracy, or is there another key to mastery at this point? Even with a solid understanding of the foundations, question types, and stimulus identification, I still find the test very challenging.

Comments

• 124 karma

I took my weakest sections, and Youtubed some videos that had different explanations. Kevin Lin has some great ones on YouTube (He is now teaching RC for 7Sage!) and some videos were great introductions to the lessons here in LR and RC.

• 124 karma

I took my weakest sections, and Youtubed some videos that had different explanations (I have ADHD so my attention span is not too long). Kevin Lin has some great ones on YouTube (He is now teaching RC for 7Sage!) and some videos were great introductions to the lessons here in LR and RC

• 124 karma

You will find it very challenging if you did not complete all lessons in LR and RC in the syllabus, not just foundations.

• Older_LS_Applicant85Older_LS_Applicant85 Core Member
    211 karma

Focus on timing, being able to identify parts of an argument, and eliminating wrong answers. Being able to put all these skills together and applying them efficiently is how you start to master LR.

• ntrepanier5ntrepanier5 Alum Member
    322 karma

Yeah for most of us it just takes time. If you've done all of the curriculum, you have a solid foundation, now it's just time to convert that abstract knowledge of question types and approaches into instinct, and that only comes through practice, practice, practice. Also, something I didn't totally understand until later in my studies: quality over quantity. Drilling 50 Weaken questions in a day is great, unless you're not really digging into each question during the drill and on BR.

Keep chugging, you got this!